Last updated: August 1, 2021
At GradsBC Photography & Video Inc., we are diligently committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and clients. As a Canadian company, it is our priority to safeguard any personal information that customers provide to us or that we obtain when providing our services, and to make every reasonable effort to use this information only as customers choose.
GradsBC follows strict guidelines set out by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), to protect personal information as required by its institutional clients.
Collection of Personal Data
We only collect, use or disclose your personal information with your consent, which may be implied by your use of our services with knowledge of how we will use your personal information. When we obtain your personal information indirectly from our institutional clients, we rely on their lawful authority to collect and use your personal information and provide it to us so that we can provide you with services on behalf of our client.
Personal data may be collected by:
- Institutional clients in preparation for taking photographs or video on designated photo/event days
- Placing orders online
- Placing orders on paper order forms or by telephone
The types of personal information collected depend on the application, but can include:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Shipping Address
- Grade level and classroom designation (ie. homeroom or division)
- Student ID number
All data is collected in accordance with applicable provincial and federal laws.
Usage of Personal Data
Data may be used for:
- Production of orders
- Sorting and shipping of orders
- Customer communication
- Service products for institutional clients such as ID cards, yearbooks, exports
GradsBC does not collect or store payment data online. In order to purchase products, or to participate in various online programs offered through the website or third-party application or software, customers will be asked to provide their name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number. If a customer chooses to purchase products or services, they will be asked to provide a valid credit card number and expiration date along with billing and shipping address information.
In the case of paper order forms, the credit card portion of these documents are shredded upon completion of work, and the rest of the form is returned to the customer with the order.
Retention of Personal Data
GradsBC will retain your personal information only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to meet our contractual obligations. Where personal information is no longer needed, it will be securely destroyed or permanently deleted.
Withdrawal of Consent
Using the contact information below, you can contact GradsBC’s Privacy Officer and notify withdrawal of consent.
Protection of Personal Data
GradsBC takes every possible measure to ensure the security of data on GradsBC servers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our servers. It is possible that information supplied through the website may be intercepted during transmission. We take protection of data seriously and have never had a security breach.
GradsBC continually maintains a strict protocol with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. We further protect personal information by restricting access to it to those employees that require access to the information in order that we may provide our products or services.
GradsBC protects data by performing the majority of production locally and processing data in-house. Additional security measures include:
- Computer systems: All computer systems used by GradsBC employees are solely managed and owned by GradsBC. All laptops used in the field for the collection and retention of data are encrypted and password protected as are all databases.
- Physical security: Data is stored at our head office, on password-protected RAID drives, accessed on password-protected computers, and processed via password-protected software.
- Technical security: Data stored online is in FIPPA-compliant software suites, stored on Amazon Canadian servers.
- Policies to protect data: GradsBC’s online partners use industry-best practices to protect data and photos. We are in quarterly communication with all of our suppliers on privacy updates and are committed to only partnering with suppliers who use the highest level of PCI compliance.
- Restricting access to data: Data is only shared with GradsBC employees that have gone through the appropriate training on the importance of data security and privacy policies. Access is restricted to only those employees that require such information to fulfill our contractual obligations to our customers and institutional clients.
Personal Information of Children
GradsBC routinely works with children under the age of 16. Data may be collected from institutional clients. GradsBC does not knowingly directly solicit or collect data from children under the age of 16, without proven parental consent.
How to Contact Us Regarding Privacy
Email: info (@) gradsbc.com *use the subject line “Privacy Inquiry”
Phone: 604-461-3722 ext. 101
GradsBC Photography & Video Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
82 Kyle Street,
Port Moody, BC V3H 0J2